The picture she was arranging the furniture to take was a replica of an old family photo, but with the next 4 generations. The baby in the original is my Grandpa Wainscott's father, on his mother's lap (who I got my middle name from), sitting next to her maternal grandfather, with her mother behind them. We so happened to have the very same situation that day sitting at my parent's house with the Great grandfather now being the son of the baby in that picture! So the two pictures together are 8 consecutive generations...pretty cool, huh?

The next stop was the carousel. What fun! We all enjoyed a little spin on the horses :)
Then, this past weekend was our ward's Cowboy Round-Up Chili Cook-off. Nathan was the cutest little buckaroo. He wasn't quite sure about the had, though!
He eventually warmed up to it and realized it could be a toy...peek-a-boo!
Ken brought an old saddle and set it up on a sawhorse so the kids could sit on it...Nathan was first in line and LOVED it....especially the training whip that was added for decoration :)
Giddee-yup cowboy! Yeee-haw!
Too much fun :) I love that little guy!
He is growing up sooooo fast. First he starts crawling, now he wants to be a chemist! He found dad's chemistry goggles and was trying to put them on, so we helped him out...and he wore them all afternoon!
Although, in his defense- I'd probably wear goggles if I were going to be playing with Jeremy's shoes too! hehehehe. Joking aside, though- he has been taking his first steps on his own. On Sat. Oct 10th he stood up in the middle of the kitchen floor without help and took 2 consecutive steps. He didn't fall down after taking them, but decided it was taking too long, so he lowered himself to the ground.
Saddest story recently- on Tuesday night after bedtime I put the oven on a cleaning cycle. Well, baby got up when dad called to say he was on his way home, so Nathan and I came downstairs. When Jeremy got home he played with him a bit, then set him on the floor so he could give me a hug- and then it happened....the quick little bugger pulled out the warming drawer on the bottom of the over (which did not lock during the cleaning cycle, we found out) and tried to pull himself to a stand on it. Jeremy spun around as fast as he could and pulled his little hand off of it but he was already burned pretty badly. We ran his hand under cold water and it almost instantly blistered up. It was soooooo sad. He was screaming in pain so we took him to the ER, where they gave him some pain meds and dressed it. He now has a little smurf hand! He is adapting to life with a boxing glove on his right hand and learning to pick up his Cheerios with the left hand...since they dressed it he has been happy as ever.
We went back to visit the burn team this morning where they removed all the blisters, put new ointment on and gave him a new dressing for it. They hope that by our next visit in 1 week that it will be all better!
The upside--if you could call it that-- is that because crawling is somewhat harder with a glove on one hand he has been trying harder to walk. Wednesday morning he took 6 consecutive steps!
...........................
Last but not least, my excuse for being such a slacker about updating the blog recently is that I have taken up photography. I got this incredible new toy :) a Nikon D90, and have been taking some free-bee shots just for practice, on people who otherwise would not have professional photography. I did a few of Anna's friends' senior pictures, and some bridal shots of a girl whose wedding shots I am doing on Saturday. It has been so much fun. I have also spent a lot of time trying to design a website...there is a very good reason that I do not do web design--it takes me FOREVER! But, if you would like to take a look at my novice work, feel free at:
http://www.candacebaldwinphotography.com/
More posts to come soon! (hopefully)
No comments:
Post a Comment