Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Day Out With Thomas!

Last year we took Nathan to meet his favorite storybook character, Thomas the Tank Engine, and it was a complete hit!  Shortly after moving here, I heard that he also visits Oklahoma, so we got to see him again this year!

I am experimenting with the idea of posting picture collages (as you may have noticed) instead of individual pictures because they make posting lots of pictures a piece of cake!  I'm not sure I'm sold on the idea just yet, but hey- if it gets me posting more frequently it could be worth it?

Anyways, this first one is of the train ride itself.  We got the best seats ever!  I let Nathan pick the train car he wanted to ride in, and he picked the green caboose.  Turns out, the caboose has 2 small cubby-like seating areas that sit about 6 feet higher than the rest of the train car, so we climbed the precarious ladder and took one of them!  It was terrific! We had windows both in from and behind us, plus a big one that opened to the side!


The train only went in a straight line, out and then back, so we may have been the only ones to notice that Thomas was not at the front of the train after we left the station!  Nathan waited and waited for a bend so he could look out and see Thomas, but when the bend came (to our dismay) there was no Thomas at the front!  Nathan said, "That's weird.  They forgot to couple Thomas up to his train!"

But, when we pulled back into the station we made sure we got up front to see him, as well as Sir Topham Hatt!



Thomas must love the rain, because for the second year in a row it was quite a rainy day, but we made the best of it!  

Other highlights of this special event included a visit from Grandma and Grandpa!
While they were here (aside from gleeful hours of playing with grandma's tablet) we got to go swimming!



Oh, and here are a couple of shots from my phone :)

In preparation for visitors, pictures and because of an extreme hatred for getting his hair washed... we got Nathan a new hairstyle!  This is him right outside the SmartStyle salon in Walmart sporting his new look :)


While we were waiting for Grandma and Grandpa to get here, we played around with mommy's flannel board and figures.  Hannah decided that Jesus was "dada", and Nathan decided the baby was "Jesus' little sister" :)  This was Nathan's first creation of his own (very little help from mom).

I call it, Jesus feeds Baby sister to the Whale :) hehe


The last night they were here we went out for a heavenly dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  Turns out their bread maker is not, well, traditional!  In addition to the classic rolls, he makes Alligator Bread!


He was a very nice alligator, and we all know how I LOVE my carbs!


Last, but not least- a sneak preview for Halloween:
My little princess- loving being a princess!  After I took the dress off she kept handing it back to me and signing "more" :)
I think I am going to make her a tiny little medieval princess hat- the cone with the scarf coming out, so she can sorta match her brother.

 
Her knight in shining armor!  Doesn't he look fantastic?  He's mostly a fan of the sword.  He wanted to keep it on until daddy got home so he could jump out and attack him :)  Which of course we did!


Thanks to Grandma Bug and Grandpa Baldwin for the princess dress and to Grammy Sweatheart and Grandpa Ard for the Knight's costume!  Thanks to the grandparents, our kids will be collecting us lots of candy in style this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment