Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Changes... September Update

The coming of fall brought several changes. First off was a lovely change in weather- I LOVE FALL WEATHER! Turns out, I don't think we have had a fall in Colorado for quite some time, but this year has been great. The trees slowly turned with the breezes getting cooler and carrying leaves with them.

My mom's apple tree's were laden with apples, and with the heavy branches weighed down the apples are right at Nathan's height. When he discovered them he shouted, "apples!" and ran to touch them. He even tried to eat them right off the branch!

What a precious moment to watch is chubby little toddler hands reaching up for the apples on the tree.
....
Other changes happening - we adopted a baby girl! (Well, she is a kitten, but hey- same difference, right?) May I introduce and welcome to our family, Nala.

For those of you who know about the size of that water dish, she is quite small for being 4 months old, but I love that about her. She is a mix between a Siamese and regular short-haired cat, and is sooooo pretty!

She has the BEST temperament I have ever seen in a cat. Just the right amount playful (but de-clawed so it's not destructive) but REALLY snuggly and extremely patient with Nathan.

He took some getting used to for her, but now they are the best of friends. She follows him around all day and they play ball together, look out the window together, etc. When he goes down for a nap I have to keep her with me or she will sit outside his room and meow for him to come out! Naughty kitten :)

These are a couple of pictures I took of them watching a movie together :) You can see her pretty blue eyes better in these.

Yes, she actually watches Winnie the Pooh, and tractor movies and even Thomas the Train :) She will lay on his lap and purr while he plays with her ears and tail and pets her back. They are soooo cute together. She has been a wonderful addition. I have some great movies of them that I will have to compile (again on a yucky day) and post for you all to enjoy!
....

More changes....

Okay, we did not get a motorcycle, but Jason did! He brought it over to let the whole family ooooh and awwww over his fancy new toy. I did get to ride it, though. He even let Jeremy take me for a spin (brave soul)!

Boys and their toys...what did I say ?

Even Nathan wanted to hop on up and give it a whirl! He got to play with the switches, but will need to grow a bit in the legs before he can drive it :)

If that's not scary I don't know what is- but at least they are not moving this time!
Jason even has all the official road-wear to complete the look.
....
Even more changes? Well, sort of! Nathan is getting so big and brave! We went to an indoor park full of climbers and swings and bounce houses and such, and he did EVERYTHING, and all by himself.

This was the ladder that leads to the top of a huge inflatable slide. Once he got up it once and realized where it led, there was no stopping him.

There were all kinds of climbing areas with the swinging punching bags as obstacles and the nets to walk across, but he did it- all to get to the slide at the end!

I don't even know what this is, or what it was intended for- but it was fun to ride!
Over all, it was a great September, full of great changes and lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment