We got our first snow since coming here to Oklahoma, and it was fun! Nathan woke up and saw that it was snowing and came running into our room to announce it. Skeptical (since it had been such lovely weather the day before) I opened with window and sure enough, huge snowflakes were falling rapidly and the ground and rooftops were all white!
When the snowfall calmed down a bit, we went out so the kids could experience the snow.
Nathan remembered well joys of playing in the snow- Hannah, well she was a little slower to jump on the band wagon :)
Nathan even built his first snowman!
He named him "growly bear" for reasons he could not explain and are beyond me! All he said was he just liked that name :)
Dad even came home early, and after a spontaneous snowball fight showed Nathan the magic of warm water on cold hands :)
Nathan later went back out to play for a bit, and I came out to join him. He was packing snow on the back of his snowman, so I asked if I could help. He explained to me that he was trying to give his snowman a turtle shell! So, we did :)
Later, Growly Bear was engaged in a snowball fight by Nathan (who liked that Growly Bear didn't fight back). After toppling to his dismemberment, I proclaimed Growly Bear as "down" and Nathan as the winner :)
Here are a couple of the videos I took:
Here are a couple of the videos I took:








No comments:
Post a Comment