Thursday, November 2, 2017

September Randomness

I am happy to report that our September was much slower than the months preceding it!
So, here are some random reports on happenings during our down month (the calm before the storm that is the last 3 months of the year!)
......
This fall we had this super strange abundance of monarch butterflies at our house!
I noticed it rather suddenly one day (perhaps because I was coming home from being out by myself and was not wrangling 4 kids into the house?)- anyways, as I was walking in I saw several of them- little baby ones- flying around. Enough that I began to count how many I could see fluttering around our front lawn.. I counted over a dozen on our tiny front lawn at once!

So, I ran in and told the kids to come out quickly to see them!

Nathan made the keen observation that they seemed rather interested in the dandelions (also a reasonable explanation as to why they were congregated at our house! We have a corner on the dandelion market around here!)

He picked one and tried to approach one of them:



To my great surprise- it worked!
He was able to coax one onto his dandelion and could then "hold" it.



So Hannah gave it a go as well... and soon we had kids chasing butterflies with dandelions all over the yard :)




This little guy wasn't stealthy enough to "hold" or "catch" any butterflies, but he sure loved chasing them! Almost as much fun as bubbles!


Speaking of bubbles... with the weather being as nice as it has been, and life slowing down just enough, we took Saturdays in September and early October and made a habit of working together first thing to  clean up the house, then picking up a dozen donuts and heading over to the empty church parking lot to let the kids ride their bikes around for a bit. They love riding in the big open space! Hannah had even learned to ride without her training wheels right at the end of the summer!
Dallin, of course doesn't ride, but is perfectly content to wander around and eat donuts. One day, however, while cleaning out the boys' closet I found one of the good bubble guns and brought it with us for him!



......

These 2 besties were so happy with their soapy dinosaur heads - I just had to take a picture!


This photo turned out too weird to not post! If I didn't know there were 2 boys in that bath I would have wondered what on earth that baby's leg looks like!


Another fun part of having kittens: more fun at bath time!


The kittens both love to play with the kids, bubbles, and toys in the bath!


Levi likes to lay on the stairs when he gets tired, and one day while doing this the kittens came to keep him company :)



This boy and that kitten are quite the pair of snuggle bugs, and make perfect companions for each other!


Like I said, it was a blissfully slow month- so that's about all I have for September! On to the excitement that is October :)

No comments:

Post a Comment