Easter weekend was also conference weekend, so it was a pretty busy but also a pretty laid back weekend.
For all the sessions the kids did their conference cups listening game, which they loved! Nathan and Hannah are getting pretty good at actually listening to the talks for content as well as the words that are on the cups. So proud of them for their love and respect for the prophet and apostles!
Between Saturday afteronon session and priesthood session we did the egg dying.
We have not done that in a very long time! It was a first as far as everyone but Nathan was concerned because they either weren't born, too small to participate, or too young to remember.
We had lots of options for decorating our boiled eggs!
They all enjoyed the dropping in the cups part.
Say cheese Tori!
Levi loved the stickers!
Hannah loved the shrink wrap belt thingys!
I tried this version of tie-died looking eggs done with a pan full of shaving cream and food coloring- it worked out pretty well!
Even Kayla got to dye some eggs!
Here is Levi, so proud of his final creations!
Dallin was pretty content to watch... and play chuccy bunny with some marshmallows!
See, Grandpa! Look what I did!
Look at these lovely ladies in their aprons!
I thought I took some pictures of the tray of finished eggs... but I can't seem to find them!
Well, they looked great, anyways.
Here's a quick video Jeremy took that shows a few of the early eggs:
.....
Easter Sunday we had our traditional homemade cinnamon rolls with some fruit, quiche and sausage. Yummy!
We watched the morning session in our PJ's, then did the hunt for baskets after the first session.
(And yes, I wore sweats for 2 days straight! The documentation thereof is the unfortunate bi-product of Jeremy being better at taking videos than I am.... oh well!) Enjoy!
(And yes, I wore sweats for 2 days straight! The documentation thereof is the unfortunate bi-product of Jeremy being better at taking videos than I am.... oh well!) Enjoy!
Dallin's bucket this year was a bucket of sand/water toys.
Since it was so nice (after several days of snow, we were happy to see the sun!) we went to a nearby park that has a great sand pit to play and do our egg hunt there.
Tori and Kylie were sporting new Easter hats!
Lookin good!
Happy Easter girlies!
Early evening, before dinner, we did the adult egg hunt. Jamie was in charge of that this year and did a GREAT job! We each got 10 eggs and inside each was a clue that when put all together lead to the location of 3 gift cards. It was a close hunt, but Rasy and I were about tied in reaching the end location- where she went NUTS! She grabbed my shirt and yanked me back trying to claw her way past me... which set off my competitive side... and before anyone knew what was going on Rasy and I were yelling and shoving and pulling our way under the kitchen sink to retrieve the gift cards!
Jeremy ended up breaking things up with the sink hose and we regained our composure :)
But I did get an Olive Garden gift card out of it!
.....
I mostly spent the day enjoying conference and kiddos and family and food... so the pictures are few and far between. Because it was conference I didn't even get the kids all dolled up in Easter Sunday best. But, more importantly than pictures or dresses or baskets or eggs, we really got to focus on the gift and the atonement of Jesus Christ and his resurrection. We enjoyed a beautiful conference full of messages directing our thoughts towards the real meaning of Easter.
Grateful for the Spring and the holidays that remind me of the joy and newness that are available to me because of a loving Savior.
Happy Easter Everyone!





















No comments:
Post a Comment