Thursday, July 9, 2020

Halloween Festivities!

Sneek preview for the latter part of this post:
As always, we had to pick a theme for our family costumes! This year, due to popular demand, we went with Wizard of OZ. 

Hannah, of course, wanted to be Glinda, but I had to try the hat on when it arrived!


We had a pack meeting the week of Halloween, and Jeremy decided to theme the rank advancements with the holiday- and since Nathan was getting his Webelos rank advancement I had to be kept out of the planning (so I could be his participating parent).

Very quickly I found out why! We had to put on blindfolds and feel yucky things...gross!



At least he let us choose to wear gloves!


Item number 1: a severed hand!


Taken by the up and coming photographer: Hannah Baldwin!


Other items included maggots (oily noodles), a heart (piece of raw steak), and an almost dead rabbit in a bag (a stuffed animal in a bag with our electric sander that would turn on when Jeremy plugged in the extension cord!).

I tasked Hannah with the filmography since I was participating...and this is what we got :)


Halloween!!!!
Our family did Wizard of Oz this year:
(and adopted a Toto for a brief photo)


Scarecrow Nathan


Hannah/Glinda the Good witch

Tin Man Levi


Cowardly Lion Dallin


Mommy, the wicked witch of the west!


With the Wizard himself....

Daddy, the great OZ!


We did a hayride/trick-or-treat out in Elizabeth this year, and it was a blast!








Which way to the next house?


We did the Elizabeth run and our ward trunk or treat the week before Halloween...and then before the actual day came...this happened!


But we didn't mind.. we had work to do to get ready for the big day!


Hannah had to wear a turban to keep the sponge curlers in while she slept, so in order to achieve her full Glinda curls we got to carve pumpkins with this!


Yummy...


Dallin picked one just his size :)


Pumpkin is empty and now it's time to carve it!


We got some pretty good ones this year!
I finally made a carousel one- I've wanted to for years but not had the energy after helping all the kiddos carve theirs, but 3 out of 4 did their own this year, so I did it!







No comments:

Post a Comment