Finding adventure in the strangest of places... or is it finding us?
Wednesday, October 14, 2020
Christmas!!!!
We had a pretty quiet Christmas this year with all the family except Grandma and Grandpa Baldwin being out of state. We roped our friends, the Bass family, into doing most of our caroling with us, and did most of our Christmas traditions just us this time around.
On Christmas Eve we had to make Santa his plate of cookies...and Dallin made himself one too!
The kids opted to all sleep in the little boys room because they set a "trap"- or rather a trip alarm for Santa!
They weren't the only ones who caught Santa that night!
Who saw mommy kissing Santa...?
Must have been Grandma. Grandpa didn't even seem to notice the gifts being placed right behind his back!
Wait...I could have sworn this kid was on the naughty list...and yet I have a gift for him?!
The next morning the kids brought their stockings into our room and opened them on our bed,
then we all went downstairs for our classic breakfast of cinnamon rolls, pumpkin bread and fruit!
A few pictures of the anxious faces before we start opening presents!
We too our time enjoying each of the presents as they were opened- one of my favorite perks about being just us for the day!
Towels for grandma's new spa!
Pez galore.
Drone toys!
But the big present this year for our kiddos was the Nintendo Switch. We had told them that we could save up for one and maybe have enough by the summer time. We also had a friend who bought one for his 4 kids and they watched us help him get all the updates installed and it ready to play upon opening... they even got to help "test" it! Hehehe. So when it finally sunk in that we had gotten one for us and that ours was ready to go as well we had some pretty happy campers!
Toward the evening we had a lovely Christmas dinner and a family devotional. I don't have any pictures of either because, really it was such a laid back and relaxing day I left my phone and just enjoyed the day. I am glad I took the few pictures I did, but I am also grateful to get to just be in the day. I love Christmas, and I always have. It is a wonderful time full of giving and gratitude, a time to appreciate my many blessings and to remember the greatest gift of all, the Savior of the world who allows me to do better every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment