Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Long time no post :)


It has been a crazy little while for me, but here's the quick update; Nathan is eating all kinds of veggies, sitting up by himself and making all kinds of noise trying to talk--so much so that he is going hoarse! Jeremy is starting school this Monday, and Sharon's bridal shower is on the 6th of June! Mother's Day was a blast, and for it I got spa $$$ with which I died and cut my hair...no pictures yet, but we'll work on that (it's hard to get a good hair picture at arm's length). Memorial Day was fun because we got to see the whole Larsen clan for lunch and had the Baldwin clan + Anna over for the night/evening. Oh, and my parents have just finished putting in a gorgeous fountain in their backyard, which I will try and remember to take some pictures of so the out-of-towners can have a peek :)

.........

We had both families over for a Mother's Day and Jeremy made a lovely steak dinner for all of us moms!

Anna and Nathan bonding....hmmm, what's in that glass?


I spent the last several days canning over 100 lbs of meat...that was an adventure. My friend Liz and I heard that our cannery will no longer have or process meat and they were selling large frozen cases of chicken, pork and beef to the members--first come first serve. We were of course too late for the chicken, but she got a case of pork and I got beef. Nathan is just a few months younger than her little boy Lanin, so we decided to can it together. Sounds like fun, right?



Hmm....well...the boys were NOT fans of canning after about one hour and it took WAY longer than any of us anticipated-but we did it. And, the good news is that we had one of the jars of meat in some stroganoff last night and it's actually really good! --not to mention Lanin taught Nathan his newest trick: to sit up and play with his toys all by himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment