On the 4th of July our community pool hosted a huge bbq. Jeremy and I took Nathan as well as his parents, brother, two sisters, and Will (Heather's boyfriend). This was Nathan as we arrived... after putting sun screen on his head his hair spikes up really well :) He saw the water and couldn't wait to get in!
Just our luck, almost as soon as we got there the clouds rolled in...no lightning, but it got cold and windy pretty quickly :( Nathan played as long as I let him, but he was turning purple and starting to shiver, so I had to take him out.
After some lunch he settled in for a pool-side nap with grandma. Doesn't he look so cozy?
Once he woke up he got to enjoy the fun from the sidelines.
Heather and Will played a little rough, but had a ton of fun! And, for the most part, I think Will let Heather win :)


So, when I told everybody to come over and pose so I could take a picture, this is what I got! Very nice! Not bad for amateurs :)
This was the second attempt at a pose, but Hubby forgot to participate. Oh well!

We all went up to the Broomfield fireworks show- which is always worth the drive. It was fantastic! We were front and center...nothing between us and the fireworks. Since it was pretty chilly by then, we snuggled together on our backs with Nathan between us. He was completely fascinated by the presentation- loved every minute of it!
.............
Afterwards, in true Baldwin tradition, we came home and lit our own fireworks until about 1:30am. That was quite the after party, and was so much fun that Nathan stayed awake for the entire thing! He is usually a VERY sound sleeper and keeps a schedule like clockwork, but this was way too exciting to miss :)
Nathan got to play with grandpa after the bbq while we were all getting cleaned up for the fireworks...lucky boy!
.............
Afterwards, in true Baldwin tradition, we came home and lit our own fireworks until about 1:30am. That was quite the after party, and was so much fun that Nathan stayed awake for the entire thing! He is usually a VERY sound sleeper and keeps a schedule like clockwork, but this was way too exciting to miss :)
We took a video of us helping Nathan hold his first sparkler:
Oh, and I finally remembered to take a video of mom and dad's new fountain at the house in Brighton. My favorite part is the sound, but Nathan loves putting his toes in the water and splashing around. Mom has officially names it "Mount Zion." It is still a bit of a work in progress...they are going to put some more plants on the sides and around the mound and are currently in the middle of building a flagstone patio from the house out to the lower pond. Looking good! More pictures to follow :)
Hope everybody has a great of a holiday weekend as I did! My best friend is getting married on FRIDAY, so I'm sure pictures of that will follow shortly thereafter :)
No comments:
Post a Comment