Starting from the beginning (a little over a week ago)...the morning of July 24th we headed to the hospital to have Hannah. Jeremy had to document the last few moments of "us" before they took her out, so there you have a shot of the belly up to the very last minute :)

Just to be fair, I used my phone to take a picture of him in his surgical garb!

Right before they came to get me I started to feel really nervous, so Jeremy gave me my phone to distract me- yeah Textropolis! Yes, the hat is lovely, and as you can tell I really appreciated him going camera crazy at this critical moment...haha.
One last shot before 3 became 4! Wish us luck!
The surgery went really well and she was out in no time! Hello world! World- meet Hannah Elizabeth Baldwin. Isn't she beautiful? As I was on my back on the surgery table and happily numb, I didn't know what was going on, but when I heard her cry I knew she was here and ok and started crying myself.
They brought her to me as soon as they could so I could meet my little girl!
She LOVED being under the warming light and as soon as they turned it on she sprawled out all the way down to her tiny toes...and they are tiny. Born at 6 lbs 12 oz and 19 inches long, she is petite but has the healthy little fat rolls that make babies so lovable :)

Look at that gorgeous baby! Smiling for the camera from day 1.
She found her fingers right away and before too long encountered her thumb. I think she is going to be a thumb sucker 'cause she went to town once she got it in her mouth!
Sleeping baby and sleeping mama in the background. Still in the recovery area after surgery- not much going on- why not get a little sleep while we can, eh?
Jeremy gave me the most beautiful bouquet of bright pink roses to celebrate Hannah's arrival.
Soon other's came with more flowers!
And a TON of balloons!
Sad story about the balloons- they couldn't bring them back to the room because they were latex. The only one that was hypoalergenic enough to make the cut was the giant mylar balloon.
Here she is with Grandpa Baldwin
And Aunt Jamie (who announced her engagement while we were all sitting around..yep- just blurted it right out! Congrats!)Even Uncle Will took a turn (although he was pretty nervous about holding the little bundle of love).
Then Nathan got his turn! He loves his baby sister :)
And at the end of the day, Daddy takes his turn. Such a proud papa :)

They boys decided that cigars to celebrate a baby is a stupid tradition...Congrats on the new baby, let's shorten your life by just a little more!...So they brought IBC root beer to pass around.

Jason had some slight technical difficulties with the root beer...and daddy is sharing with the new baby?!?!



I can't believe how cute she is!

Here are a few more pictures we took over the next couple days in the hospital. This first one is one of my favorites :) My little angel.

I got a flower on my food and let Hannah wear it for a picture :)




At the end of the day, everybody crashes and we call it a good day!
More soon with 4th of July festivities and newborn shots!



No comments:
Post a Comment