Jason and Rasy volunteered to host Christmas this year, so on Christmas Eve we all crashed at their place. As you can see the stockings were hung with care.. and they were many!
Speaking of questionable quantities of Christmas items...
Check out the loot around the tree!
Sunday morning the kids woke up and got to get into their stockings before breakfast.
Look at this beautiful girl- it should be against the law to look that gorgeous first thing in the morning!
And this little face! Merry Christmas in deed!
Look at how much was in that little stocking!
Everyone enjoyed peeking into their stockings while I warmed up breakfast!
Look at all these happy faces :)
Ah, still newly weds :)
Jason's dogs seemed to think Ken really wanted to snuggle with them...and he is just the only one too nice to tell them to go away :)
Breakfast is ready! I made the cinnamon rolls from scratch the afternoon of Christmas Eve, and bought the tasty little quiche from Costco along with a fruit bowl and some stuff for smoothies!
With very little prep we had a fabulous breakfast!
The kids all loved it :) Hannah loved the headlamp in her stocking!
It was about this time Dallin got to open his stocking... he LOVED his little stuffed animal!
After breakfast we all got dressed and ready for church. Since it was Christmas Day church was reduced to one hour. We ventured out to Elizabeth to see Ken participate in his ward choir's program.
We got there nice and early, so we took the chance to take a few pictures in the foyer of all the kids.
Guess I got a little carried away taking pics of Jason's little princess... but I still made time to squeeze in the others before we had to take our seats!
Look at these 2 beauties!
This is the best I could get of all 4 of our kiddos in the time we had left!
A note about church: they did the most spectacular job I have ever seen a ward choir do! It was full a beautiful, moving and well performed Christmas praise and I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Christmas morning. Thanks so much to Ken for inviting us to share in that with him!
Once we got home it was back into jammies for everyone!
I just couldn't get enough of this pretty little girl :)
Yes, still more pics of Kayla... she NEVER smiles for me, so I am taking advantage of it!
Hannah and Levi had already gone down for a quick nap, but here are my 2 happy kiddos!
After some short naps it was time for PRESENTS!
Daddy love!
Hannah gave me a make up set from Clinique with a sample of bold lipsick in it, so I (I mean we) had to try it on :)
After all the pink lipstick kisses going around Nathan made me pinky swear that I wouldn't plant one on his cheeks if he gave me a hug!
There's my hug!
Silly faces!
Nathan picked out all his own gifts this year, and Hannah LOVED her chapstick!
She jumped up and gave him a huge hug and he picked her up :)
Who remembers this game? This was one of the favorites this year!
NO WAY MOM!!! MY OWN PORTABLE DVD PLAYER?!?!?!?
There's my diva!
Since Jamie totaled her car during the big blizzard, Ken and Cathy got Jamie a new car!
What? A new graphics card!? Dude Bro, that's cool!
What the fire pit?! Someone was paying attention to what caught my eye on Black Friday!
Once all the presents were done we moved on to dinner!
Thanks guys, for hosting!
Yes, that is both Turkey and ham!
After dinner was the devotional followed by the "white elephant" exchange for both the kids and adults.
At the end of the day it was a terrific day full of family, friends, and the spirit of Christmas.
It was wonderful to take the time to slow down, count our blessings, and play together for almost 3 full days!














































































No comments:
Post a Comment