Saturday, December 15, 2018

Slovenia Night!

For our family party, I created a night in Slovenia!
Since we never really got to share our trip, I thought this would be a great way to do it..plus it was our birthdays, so people would be obligated to come and pretend they wanted to hear about it!

Each guest received their boarding passes and passports prior to arrival.
(sorry for the upside down picture, I can't figure out how to fix it!)


The kids and I built and airplane in the front yard out of chairs, tarps, ladders, and butcher paper that we cut windows out of.

Sadly, the wind did not favor our windows, so they fell apart before take-off!


Nathan was our captain and I was the stewardess and got to hand out the tiny sodas and snacks while Nathan (who was talking to everyone through a mounted walkie talkie in the coach cabin from his self-made cock pit) entertained everyone.


Also, here is our pantsless co-pilot...and yes, it came included with the standard coach ticket! :)

  
Hey Captain Baldwin!


Before deboarding we handed out everyone's immigration doccuments (which was a triva questionaire about Slovenia) and stamped passports.
(Again, sorry it's upside down) 


While I tied up loose ends in the kitchen the kids colored their passports and the adults filled out their papers.

Upon entering they could exchange the pretend paper dollars they were given in their invitations for slovenian money and euros to spend on toys, food, and a movie.


The kids helped with the signs and picking out toys from the dollar store.


For dinner I made Krofi (slovenian donuts)


We also had both a meat and a spinach mozzarella burek and kebab pitas.

It all turned out REALLY well. Sorry I didn't take many pictures, but it tasted JUST like the food we had over there. It was my first time working with lamb, making filo dough from scratch and following recipes that I had to send through Goggle Translate....yikes! Thus, the lack of pictures... but I am happy to report it was all quite yummy and brought back great memories.

The movie showing was a compilation of the videos we took while on vacation in Slovenia a few years ago. It's a little long, but I love it! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment