For Jeremy's big 30 I decided to give him an office make-over!
Since his office is in the basement, it hasn't been the "dream" office from the beginning... little to no natural light, the play room right outside, and carpeted flooring...etc.
But, we build the platform to remedy the carpet issue, and I set to work scouring Craigslist for amazing finds :)
He has always wanted several monitors... so if 2 is good, 6 is better, right?
Yep, that is one happy hubby!
With a bamboo tree, some scents, and some accent lighting the place really started to perk up!
But what he really needed... was that fancy blue box on the floor powering those 6 monitors.
I had to let him help with some of the dirty work, though- because I am not about to go about building his dream computer without him!
He spent about a week with several trips back and forth to MicroCenter building this beauty:
And my favorite part.... my corner!
I wanted a place to sit while I was down there, but I wanted a modern space to match the rest of his office, and taste. So I set to work! The photo is a print on metal (much cooler in person) of Downtown Denver, and the chairs were one of my best craigslist finds ever!
Here's a closer look at the picture:
And one more pic of the office from behind the tree :)
The kids gave him a couple of gifts that they mostly picked. Hannah wanted to get him a treat, so I guided her towards a box of hand-picked See's chocolates. Nathan wanted to take him out to fly airplanes, but his plane needed some repairs, so we got it repaired instead. I found the BEST little hobby shop, where I took it in to see about replacement parts, and they fixed the whole thing while I waited and only charged me for the bottle of glue they used and the new propeller! Like new for less than $15!
For our birthday date, I planned something a little different, but I was soooo fun!
We went to dinner and then headed into downtown.
For $8 you can rent bikes that come with locks and everything to ride around downtown for up to 24 hours!
Sorry for the blurry pictures, but I only had my phone with me, and am not very good at using it for pictures.
Here is Jeremy on his bike:
And there's me... thanks honey!
I had not been on a bike since, probably middle school, so I had a bit of a shaky start :)
Jeremy took a movie of it, but I am opting out of posting that one!
So, here's the selfie instead :)
We rode all over town, weaving back and forth across the 16th street mall, and around the Fine Arts center.
It was the most beautiful evening, and it was by far the most pleasant way I have ever experienced downtown, particularly at night.
We stopped along the way for dessert... and couldn't help but get a refeshing Jamba juice when we passed it!
After about 2 hours of riding around downtown we headed home to a house of sleeping children and watched a movie- only after opening a birthday box from Anna!
She was soooo thoughtful, and sent a box for our birthdays that came a couple of days before Jeremy's. We waited until that evening to open it, and I was sure I would get my present from her early- since it was in the same box... but no. Mine was separated and clearly marked with DO NOT OPEN UNTIL AUG 16th!!!!
Bummer. But, Jeremy was so touched by her thoughtful card and boxful of treats just in time for a movie! Thanks again Anna! You are amazing!
I think Hubby had a pretty good 30th, if I do say so myself :)
Happy birthday, love. I am so grateful to have you in my life. You bring so much joy, depth and color to my world, and I am glad that you will be my companion forever!












You look so amazing! It's official - I'm going to look at that picture of you on your bike anytime I need some motivation (which is frequently). Maybe I'll hang it on my fridge....
ReplyDelete