Tuesday, September 5, 2017

August Begins!

Our summer this year has been sooooo crazy! Every year they tend to be pretty busy with June being crammed with our wedding anniversary, father's day, and the week that contains Jamie, Heather, Hannah and now Dallin's birthdays...then independence day one week later, and then Jeremy and I have birthdays a week apart in August. This year we added a 10 day family trip out to upstate New York in July (which happened to fall about 1 week after Jeremy landed a sudden but massive deal on an IT contract with a fellow entrepreneur) and all this is still followed by non-stop excitement in August! 

Just a few days after our return from a wonderful week in New York (which ended in 26 continuous hours of driving!) we had another weekend packed with fun on the books!

Friday night we went to the dinner theater with Ken, Cathy, Jamie, Jason, and Rasy to see the Slipper and the Rose (a version of the Cinderella story). It was super great! At the end we got to take a few photos up on stage with some of the characters! ... So, truth be told they opened it up for kids to come take a picture with Cinderella, but I wanted to go so I went! Once I got up there everyone else joined me so we got a couple of group shots (minus Ken and Cathy because she had Joshua with her and they didn't know how the puppy that was with Fairy Godmother would react to him).

So, I wanted to go up and asked Jeremy if he could get in the photo with me so I wouldn't feel silly :) He was a good sport!
(This Fairy Godmother was a total HOOT! Her improve and audience interaction was so fun)


After our picture I was able to convince Jamie and Rasy to take a girls pic with me!


Then our boys stepped in.. and when they did an added cast member came running out and shouted, "Photo bomb!"... in the back with the boys :) It was prince charming's eccentric (borderline senile) grandmother- also a very fun character.



Sorry they are a little blurry, but my phone is all I had and there was just some random cast member taking the photos- BUT something is better than nothing!
Such a fun evening. A big thanks to Ken for making it happen!
......
The next day was Jeremy's birthday party, which was a gaming/LAN party. That will get it's own post. The following Tuesday Jeremy and I went to Playa del Carmen for a week, which also gets a post all it's own. We returned just before my birthday, when we officially adopted our 2 new kittens!

Look how much they have grown!


Here's some footage of the kittens and the kids :) It's a little long, but I love how it shows the playful dynamic between the kittens as well as captures the kids and their voices while interacting with each other and the kittens. Enjoy!


I absolutely LOVE having these kittens in our home. Let's be honest, we all do. The kids are smitten with them and Jeremy gets a kick out of watching them, too.
They bring so much life and playfulness into our lives as well as an added measure of snuggling and affection- who can say no to that?!?!
It has been so fun to watch them grow and develop their cat personalities and I couldn't be happier with both of them. They are playful, gentle, curious, and affectionate kittens.
.....
Speaking of growing... these 2 are off to school again! 1st and 3rd grade this year- I can hardly believe it!


And, during our first week back we got to do something really cool:
we drove up to Wyoming to see a full eclipse of the sun!
More on that in a separate post :)

So, there is a glimpse into our busy August.. with teasers for the posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment