This year I threw a LAN/gaming party for Jeremy's birthday, and it turned out to be pretty awesome!
Instead of presents everyone brought a snack to share so the food for the day was more than sufficient, plus people brought all kinds of equipment that we wired up within minutes and the games began...
Since people were grazing all day and people came in and out all day, I decided cupcakes was the way to go. But, I did give Jeremy his own mini cake with candles on it.. and tried to make it look like an XBox sign.
I also had the Halo Tournament Winner's Cup of Eternal Glory!
The guy who won, totally earned this, through winning 2 rounds of Regicide (every man for himself) in a 16 player game of Halo.
At the end of the day/night (we started at 10 am and didn't wrap up til around 11pm!)
we only had 6 cupcakes left out of over 75!
They started out with 8 player Halo (til more equipment arrived)
Jeremy was fully expecting to dominate with ease... but boy was he wrong! He was served up a big 'ol piece of humble pie for at least the first 2 hours :) And he LOVED it. He looks at me with this giant grin on his face and said, "Man! I am really tanking. This is so FUN!"
It's been a long time since he had a worthy opponent, I guess.
And there were a few 4 on 4 games of StarCraft!
Here, Jeremy really did dominate- but not with ease! He won but really got a run for his money, which he also loved.
They had one team in the front room while the other took over Jeremy's den so they could collaborate without giving away battle strategy and location to the other team :)
Once we got it rigged up, the 16 player games of Halo were super intense!
Where people were playing PC games it was virtually silent except for mad clicking and typing... where Halo was.... it was far from silent!
The kids had fun hanging out and eating all the yummy finger foods!
Here's a short compilation of the day's fun:
Happy birthday Hubby!
I wish you every good thing you could imagine- you deserve that and more!
You make my world magical every day of the year,
so I hope on your birthday I could return the favor!
It was so fun to see him unplug and really play (Jeremy style). Everyone who came left asking when and how they could do it again.. and one of them started a GroupMe group to keep everyone who came in touch and planning to game again sometime. I think we are going to host another one in a couple of weeks, but this time invite non-gamer family members to come and play board games :)


















No comments:
Post a Comment