Nathan gave his first primary talk on Sunday, Feb 24th. He did a super great job! He helped me write it, AND he read the whole thing all by himself, just needed some help keeping focus on where he was :) Since we are Sunbeam teachers, we sit on the front row every week anyways, so our sneaky daddy managed to take a movie of it! We are so proud of him!
Nathan's Talk:
My talk is about why we came
to earth.
The scriptures teach us that
we came to earth to get a body.
Doctrine and Covenants
chapter 88 verse 15 says:
“And the spirit and the body
are the soul of man.”
I am so glad that Heavenly
Father’s plan for me is to have a body, so I can run and jump and play.
We also came to earth to be
tested.
A test is how we show we know
the right answers when we learn things.
Heavenly Father wants us to
learn to make good choices.
When we choose the right we
are doing a good job on our test.
If we do a good job on
Heavenly Father’s test we can live in heaven with him again.
I hope I can live in Heaven
with my family some day.
I know my body is important,
and I should be kind to it.
I know that Heavenly Father
loves me and is proud of me when I make good choices.
In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen.
Nathan loves learning about Jesus and the scriptures, and has learned to read them all by himself with some help on the big words. He wasn't nervous to share his testimony or his talk- he was excited! He shared it with EVERYONE, including out home teachers. He loves to participate in primary, sings all the songs (even in his bed by himself) and tells us all the things he has been learning. We are so blessed to have such a happy, faithful boy and we love him dearly!
No comments:
Post a Comment