Monday, January 20, 2020

Hannah's Baptism

After the arm breaking fiasco we were worried we may need to postpone Hannah's baptism. Turns out she got her cast off the week before, so we were on!
She picked a dress with narrow lace sleeves, so we had to wait for the cast to come off to even take her baptism pictures, but we were able to squeeze it all in the week before!










 





We threw together a quick invite (reusing the template I used to make one for Eve 6 months ago!), printed it at Costco (where we bought her favorite treats for refreshments) and were ready!


What a great day for this princess!
We couldn't be more proud of her for making the choice to be baptized.












All the cousins sang "I Am A Child of God" together, and it was....well, sweet.
I'll just put a clip of it here (since the uncut version seems extra long!)


Thanks for coming grandpa and grandma Baldwin.


COUSINS!


I'm not entirely sure what is happening here, but I think Uncle Will is losing control of the situation...



Thanks for driving all the way up from Arizona, Kleinmans!


These girls....I love it.





Hannah's baptism was at 10am, then her party was at 1pm the same day!
We had rented out a pavillion at the local outdoor pool with all the water slides etc. When we got there, we were told they were closed due to lightning for at least the next 2 hours!
Luckily they were able to get us a room at the Rec Center and we moved the party to the indoor pool...called everyone invited...and regrouped!

okay...Mermaid Party...GO!










Happy birthday pretty girl!!!



I didn't get any pictures of the fun in the pool because I was manning 2 non-swimmers, but it was a great time! (And I found the sauna...best place ever).

But, since the cast was off, the warm weather FINALLY arrived, and kids love to swim- we were back at swimming before a week was up!

Pictures are easier during swim break :)
Especially when you let them pick special effects!



Silly faces!


Jamie is also enjoying swim break :)
That's one hot mama!


Say CHEESE everybody!


Hannah decided that waiting to have her party until her cast came off we well worth it, especially since her out-of-town cousins got to come to her party too!
It was a busy day, but a great one. Lots to celebrate.
I can hardly believe that Hannah is 8. My little baby doll is growing into such a strong and beautiful girl who loves to play rough with the boys, be girly with the girls, eat all things sweet and go on dates with her daddy. She is learning so much and continues to surprise me with her talents and quick wits.
Love you baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment